Saturday 4 June 2016

HOUSES

This was a page that I had already applied the blue Moroccan design and the black flowers to in my journal. It's so much easier to liberally apply left over paint to several pages throughout a journal - then when you turn the page you aren't confronted with a completely blank page.


Anyway, I had the houses already printed out from a stamp set, sitting on my desk and thought, maybe, just maybe I can turn it into a picture to enter into the Paperartsy blog challenge this fortnight, which just happens to be 'Our House'.


Looking through the inspiration that Darcy from Paperartsy came up with, I was very happy to see a video by Nicoletta Zanella entitled 'three little houses', this was one of the first mixed media videos I ever watched and was fuel to start my journey into the arty world! 

I wasn't really feeling that the picture was working throughout most of the process, just that I was throwing a lot of different media pieces at it, until the idea of the sunset formed, then I started liking it! So with that in mind too, I am entering into also into the Our Creative Corner blog challenge with the theme of 'A beautiful mess', seemed quite apt!

Challenges entered:
                                           paperartsy-our-house-challenge

                                           ourcreativecorner-a-beautiful-mess
Thanks for visiting,
Rachel

1 comment:

  1. This is just darling Rachel. You are so right - the sunset totally "made" this page. So glad that you like it Now - it's really fun - made me smile! Thanks bunches for joining us in our 'A Beautiful Mess' challenge at OUR CREATIVE CORNER.j.

    ReplyDelete