Tuesday 6 March 2018

POSTCARD 1

Over at the Country View Challenges blog they have a 'postcard' challenge. I've never made anything in a postcard size - 6" x 4" and thought it would be fun to try.


I cut a couple of pieces of watercolour card to size and using my WInsor and Newton Cotman set, I splashed around a few bright colours. I added some similar colours from my Neo-Colors crayons too.I stamped various background stamps, including hearts, crosses and words.
Using an Artistic Stamper Lesley Matthewson stamp I stamped the central flowers and painted them various colours adding a basic, hand-drawn rectangle (hopefully looking a little like a vase). I stencilled some green circles using a Paperartsy stencil.
I added some black stitching around the edge to finish off.

Challenges entered:

countryviewchallenges/march-postcards

theartisticstamper-march-stencils-masks

simonsaysstamp/wednesdaychallenge

Thanks for visiting, Rachel x


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous postcard Rachel :-) I love the artsy design of this, the background is fabulous and I love the flowers, so pretty :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colorful card ! Thank you so much for sharing your work with us at The Artistic Stamper
    WIshing you good luck to win beautiful stamps !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning postcard Rachel - your colours are beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Countryview challenges and apologies for commenting so late! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete