Thursday 13 September 2018

Artist Trading Coins


I've never made any of these new craze of the moment coins but I can see why people are finding them very addictive! 
I started off by randomly laying down paint onto some card in different colours that took my fancy at the time, they just had to be bright. I cut out some 2.5 inch circles, I have no dies for ease so they were just hand cut and so aren't actually perfect circles! 
I chose a flower from the Jofy set 64 to act as the main feature and stamped this flower several times onto some plain card. Then using a bubble stencil, I stencilled different colours onto each coin.
Adding a flower onto each coin was the final stage, I chose not to colour them fully as I thought the white flower really popped against the colours.
I had the idea of displaying them with the discarded cut off flower pieces onto black card and I really like the effect, I shall stick them into my journal like this too I think.



Competitions entered:

paperartsy.-topic-15-artist-trading-coins.html

theartisticstamper/septembers-circles

craftstamper.take-it-make-it-challenge-september

Thanks for visiting, Rachel

5 comments:

  1. Love love love them! It was a great idea to display them on the black background, it really shows off those bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love that you've left the flower to extend beyond the "coin"! My first time making these too and can see more on the horizon lol

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fabulous way you have done this, it is sooo effective, I absolutely adore everything you have done here, the bright colours next to the monochrome flower, beautiful. Thank you so much for joining in the artistic stamper challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Striking card and great idea for the coins! Thanks for joining us at CSTIMI this month :) xo Cheetarah

    ReplyDelete