Wednesday 7 November 2018

Tissue Paper Challenge

I recently purchased a small journal, it's called a Seawhite Watercolour Travel Journal. I saw some gorgeous posts from Clare Lloyd and noticed that she had used a similar book - same dimensions and paper weight just Moleskine instead. As my local art shop sold a Seawhite version, A6 size and at a great price (under £10) I thought I would have a go...
and I LOVE it!
It takes mixed media quite happily as you can see from my tissue paper background (blue leaves from a paper napkin.... all good for entering into the Paperartsy challenge which is to use tissue paper.


I added some watercolour, bubble-wrap printing.


Stamped some little star shaped flowers from a Kay Carley stamp set.


And created some flowers from a much loved Ellen Vargo stamp set.

Challenges entered:

paperartsy.2018-topic-19-tissue-paper

creativeartistemixedmedia.44

Thanks for visiting, Rachel

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous journal pages and some great techniques.
    Thank you for joining in with our November challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the journal pages with the tissue backgound. That is a nice size journal. I really like the double page spread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all works very well! I love the colours and the stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely journal and a great spread!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those little journals are dead cute to play in. Love how you used Ellen's stamp for the flowers - that is one of my go-to stamps too! Beautiful result! So glad you found time to join the challenge! ~Leandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely journal pages, I love the pretty flowers. xx

    ReplyDelete